While we would love to live without packaging, we need it to protect our garments on their journey all the way from the factory to the consumer.
But we can limit it and its impact as much as possible by following our reduce-reuse-recycle-replace approach to packaging.
Our first priority is to limit the amount of packaging and material used for packaging all together. Next effort is to make sure that it is used as many times as absolutely possible. Last, the packaging is recycled so its life is prolonged, and its impact reduced.
Here is how we work to reduce, reuse, recycle and replace our packaging:
- Reduced size of polybags for all garments
- Reduced thickness of garment polybags to 20 μ,
- All suppliers are required to reduce the use of plastic
- Plastic sorting system installed in our entire organization
- All garment polybags are made of recycled and recyclable plastic
- No logo and warning words on garment polybags to make recycling as clean as possible
- All suppliers are required to always use FSC certified cartons whenever possible
We acknowledge that we can always do better. Therefore, we are always looking for better and alternative materials and solutions that can replace our existing packaging.